Epic Sports is an Online Discount Store that offers the largest selection of equipment, jerseys, and fan gear for soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and more. Epic Sports was looking to create a faster shopping experience on their mobile site in order to offer a more optimal experience for their customers, as well as being prepared for Google’s Core Web Vital roll-out. To achieve this, Epic Sports signed on to use MoovForge Professional Services to implement the Layer0 Traditional Platform.
At a Glance
The Layer0 platform provided the ability to cache dynamic assets and pages at the Edge, which allow responses to be served near instantaneously. By leveraging that cache, pages and assets can also be pre-fetched ahead of the user’s click, effectively serving the subsequent page up at sub-seconds speeds. Continued real-time monitoring in the Layer0 app of Epic Sports’ cache hit rates, routes performance, and query parameters provide easily digestible data for iterations to continually improve site performance and speed.
What We Did
Results From MoovForge Services
- Project delivered on-time and on-budget
- Largest Contentful Paint speeds improved 40-50%
- Achieved Homepage LCP of 1.1s
- Browsing transitions from product listing pages to product detail pages improved to sub-second speeds
- Epic Sports mobile site is now passing Core Web Vitals Largest Contentful Paint